IHEART Training Academy
Why become an IHEART facilitator?
28th – 31st July 2019 – Facilitator Training – Levels 1 & 2 – New York
Nov 3rd – 6th 2019 – Facilitator Training – Levels 1 & 2 -London
The IHEART Academy is an institution of special learning and training created to advance our goal of being a leading provider of resilience and mental health preventative education for young people. The Academy has been set up to create a core of outstanding, highly qualified, capable and confident individuals who will ensure that the IHEART Programme is delivered with maximal impact, effectiveness and success to our target beneficiaries.
The Academy consists of a learning progression of 4 levels, each one representing a different tier of knowledge of the IHEART Framework which builds towards an increasing depth of enquiry, insight and practical skill and experience.
Interested in learning more about the IHEART approach? Click on the levels below to see which is most relevant for you.
Introduction to the IHEART Framework
An essential first stage is to ensure you are fully equipped with a foundational understanding of our work. Depending on your background and prior knowledge of the Inside-out Paradigm, you may need to complete either some or all the following:
- Online Foundation Course
Phase 1 & 2 (live online or recorded)
- 2-day IHEART Kickstart course (in person)
- 8 x one-to-one sessions
with a senior IHEART Practitioner (in person or via Skype)
Online monthly membership to IH Plus highly encouraged for all Foundation participants.
After completing this level of training, you will have what you need to deliver the 14-session IHEART curriculum to young people in educational settings, through completing:
6-day training course consisting of:
- 4 x days of in-depth study of the IHEART curriculum
- 2 x days of hands-on practice in curriculum delivery
- 2 x pre-programme webinars
After the training, all participants must join the IHEART Association (IHA) in order to access your Facilitator License to deliver the IHEART programme, which ensures you will have:
- Access to the IHEART Online Resource Portal (IRP) including all video clips, animation videos, lesson plans and slides
- Full hard copy curriculum and student handbook
- Continued Professional Development opportunities in the form of regular webinars, tutorial videos and curriculum updates
- Support from Head Office including marketing assistance, business cards, access to latest research and programme results and new educational products
- Free access to our online membership
Contact us for more information including programme fee
This is for a small group of senior facilitators specifically selected to become outstanding representatives and teachers of the IHEART programme and who have already been through levels 1 and 2.
Choose 1 of 2 tracks below:
Advanced Internship Track
Primarily for those able to attend London training days.
Become a master in hands-on practical delivery of the curriculum, through completing:
- Observation of 1 full IHEART programme delivery over 10 sessions including planning, preparation, debrief and assessment with delivery team
- Co-delivery of a full programme with a senior member of the IHEART team
- 3 x days – Deepening of Understanding
- 3 x days – Practicum Delivery
- 2 x one-to-one mentoring sessions on how to bring to the essence behind the curriculum to life, including key points to keep in mind
- Attendance at weekly group supervision sessions
This is primarily suitable for candidates from outside the UK who are unable to fully participate in our in-person Advanced Internship Track
In order to pass this level, over a 3-6-month period, participants will need to complete:
Self-Development: Deepening of Understanding
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with a senior Academy faculty member
- 3 x Seminar Days for all interns (virtual attendance, assuming in-person is not feasible)
Practical Experience: Delivery of Curriculum
- Delivery of at least 2 full IHEART programmes
- 5 x one-to-one mentoring sessions to review classroom delivery
- Watching recorded classroom sessions of entire programme delivery by IHEART senior team
- Assessment interview at conclusion of programme with a senior Academy faculty member
Upon completion of either track, each intern will:
- Become a highly skilled facilitator in delivering the IHEART Curriculum with extensive practical experience supported by hands-on coaching and mentoring
- Be awarded the IHEART Advanced Facilitator Certificate
- Become eligible for Academy Level 4 – Training Lead
(Contingent on interview and selection)
Contact us to discuss which track is suitable for you and for information on the programme fee
Training of School Teachers Certification
This highly advanced, in-depth programme enables you, upon completion, to train school teachers to deliver the IHEART curriculum. This level is open only for people that have completed levels 2 and 3. Upon completion, you will be engaged as a partner in the growth and development of IHEART wherever you are in the world.